Circumference Group is a growing, entrepreneurial investment management firm. The company focuses on technology-driven, business-to-business companies ranging from early stage to mature and invests in both the public and private markets. We believe the long-term success of a company is based on its ability to deliver sustainable value to customers. Circumference Group applies its customer-centric lens and its extensive operational and investing experience to thoroughly understand a target investment’s current competitiveness and performance and the execution risks that may prevent it from reaching its performance potential.
CG is headquartered in Little Rock. Our team has deep experience in business operations and development, software development, mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, and public and private investing. The company was founded in 2009 and is led by Jeff Fox, an experienced, successful investor and proven executive who has served in multiple leadership roles including CEO of Endurance International Group, CEO of Convergys Corp. and COO of Alltel Wireless.
Circumference Group manages a public equity investment fund led by John Lammers, Chief Investment Officer. The public equity investment team leverages the firm’s proprietary analytical framework, the CG Core Value Assessment, to drive an operationally focused investment process that has a competitive advantage at identifying valuable and growing businesses when others are confused.
Circumference Group is seeking an analyst to support our public equity investment fund workflow.
The position offers a demanding and steep learning curve to a candidate capable and eager to become a skilled and thoughtful investor. The analyst role is centered around understanding and communicating businesses and their financial models. Advancement is possible at an unrestricted pace.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the analyst will include the following:
- Work as an integrated part of the investing team to process and evaluate investment opportunities by performing in-depth research and analysis.
- Create, develop and maintain detailed company financial models and other work product for current and prospective investments.
- Follow and analyze relevant company, competitor and industry developments to efficiently capture and communicate critical information.
- The analyst position requires proficiency in Excel, financial modeling, and Power Point.
The candidate for Circumference Group’s analyst role will need to demonstrate the ability to proficiently execute on the above duties. Ideally, the candidate will have 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, asset management, public accounting or finance.
Regardless of work experience, the candidate should possess the following critical competencies:
- Demonstrated passion for investing and analyzing business models and financial statements.
- Assertive self-starter with solid work ethic.
- High attention to detail.
- Inquisitive mindset with deep analytical and research skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to package research for consumption by external parties.
- Strong team player interested in contributing to overall success of the business.
- Commitment to professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent reading comprehension ability.
- A mature, polished and confident demeanor.